Friday, September 01, 2006

Storytelling Part II

Remember the story about the sandbox and sand that I mentioned earlier?
Well, it was my time to tell it to my kids and I took it to the next level.

The story involves all the same basic information except in my telling once I get dirt in my hair ...

I walk over to the road and pick up a huge strip of the asphalt (cartoon style) and slam it down on the kid's head. The kid (now named Chris) then gave up his life of petty mischief and became Santa Claus and thus I am responsible for beginning Christmas.

That's the story and I'm sticking to it. My kids are in awe and don't question a single fact of the story. Every time they bring up the story I alter it slightly. One day it will be a tale that they tell their kids and their kids' kid with everyone slightly altering it.

My father would be proud.

No comments: